The 6-year (CDP) and 10-year plans (CLUP) plans were presented to inform the Public about the ambitious and soon to be realized development plans for Iligan City. Yes, it is quite ambitious but we will definitely realize it with the help of the people of Iligan. Yes, the Iliganons.
Here are few interesting projects sited;
1. As an advocate for Sustainable Lifestyle and Climate Change Programs, addressing the Urban Warming problem is an A+ . To site a few, that includes;
- Landscaping and Land Marks
- Clearing of water ways and keeping the creeks open
- Road Side Trees
- Developing Parks and Eco Parking areas
Did You Know? Bayug Island is the first settlement of Iligan City? and would it be nice to make a replica of the old Bayug Island in the area where locals, students and visitors can visit as tourism landmark?
2. Zoning the New Urban Centers. Poblacion is already congested with a lot of commercial establishments. The City aims to have a “Walkable City”.Arch. Gil Balondo said it’s no longer bringing the residents to the city, it’s bringing the city to the residents. Adding the North Urban Center and South Urban Centers makes it possible. Where the “centro” or so called “syudad” is not only Poblacion. This will definitely open new opportunities for budding entrepreneurs to invest and do good business in the new Zones.
3. Circumferential Roads are being constructed not to waste money but to address problems with traffic congestion and carbon monoxide emissions along Tubod-Poblacion area.
4. Drainage Improvement Project to address flooding in some areas of the Barangays San Miguel, Sto. Rosario and other adjacent barangays.
- 5. Mindanao-wide Causeway and Railway plans were also presented, showing Iligan City as one of the stop-over stations.
To quote City Mayor Lawrence Ll. Cruz during his welcome address;
We need COOKS right now so that we can make PALATABLE dish for the City
Thus, If you have that idea, voice it out now for the good of our city. Be part of the solution. Don’t act like an all-knowing-God somewhere else. Help the government make it a reality. Help the government in making this good plans realized by being a solution. Rather than just ranting it out somewhere else.
For questions, inqueries or more information about the plan, please visit ;