Today, Iligan City celebrates its 62nd Adlaw sa Iligan (Iligan Day) when Iligan became a chartered city. To celebrate the Adlaw sa Iligan, the Iligan Bloggers Society, Inc. (IBS) has chosen this day to launch the Iligan Blogging Contest 2012.
IBS coordinated with the City Government of Iligan through the City Tourism to conduct a blogging contest for Iligan. The blogging contest aims to promote the “bests” of Iligan City not just to the Philippines but to the rest of the world.
Two types of bloggers may participate in the contest: First, the bloggers who have visited Iligan and experienced firsthand the beauty of Iligan. Second, the bloggers who have read from the internet or have heard from friends about how beautiful Iligan City is, in turn, luring him to visit Iligan and see for himself. A blogger may submit at most two (2) entries.
Submission of entries will start on June 17, 2012 and the contest will run until September 1, 2012 when the winners shall be announced during the Opening Salvo of the Diyandi Festival sa Iligan.
For the full mechanics of the contest, please click the button below.
Dates to remember:
- Start of entries submission: June 17, 2012
- End of entries submission: July 31, 2012 at 11:59pm Philippine Time. EXTENDED TO August 15, 2012. 🙂
- Complaints and protests (if existing only): July 1, 2012 until August 16, 2012
- Judging of entries: August 5-25, 2012
- Notification of winners: August 31, 2012 through email
- Winning entries announcement: September 1, 2012 at Rizal Park, during the opening salvo of Diyandi Festival.
Submit your entries now for a chance to win big prizes. Happy blogging for Iligan! Maayong Iligan!